Foundations of Faith Community Nursing
September 30 @ 8:45 am - October 29 @ 4:00 pm CDT$425
Join us for Foundations of Faith Community Nursing!
The Faith Community Nurse Network welcomes you to our virtual Foundations of Faith Community Course to be held 8:45 a.m-4:00 p.m. September 30, October 1, October 13, October 14, October 28, October 29, 2021. The course is based on the Westberg Institute 2019 Curriculum (owned by SCA, New York, NY) and will be taught by faculty with advanced degrees and experience as FCNs.
What do past participants say?
“I was amazed at what this course has meant to me. I never expected it to be a defining moment in my spiritual experience and life…but it was.“ ~ Deborah, Massachusetts
“This course has been foundational to my learning; a backbone to my practice. It touched my emotions and heart.” ~ Amy, Minnesota
We strive for an interactive course that builds on your knowledge and skills as we help you prepare for your FCN ministry.
What you’ll learn:
- What makes Faith Community Nursing unique from other nursing specialties.
- How to blend your nursing knowledge and skills with the spiritual dimension of FCN practice; how to “intentionally care for the spirit” of your clients in your ministry.
- Practical steps for beginning your ministry including professionalism, communication, teamwork, legal and ethical issues, documentation and accessing resources.
- How to promote whole-person health in your FCN practice. (Health promotion; behavioral health; transitional care; advocacy; suffering; grief; violence; trauma-informed care.)
- How prayer, healing, and spirituality can be integral parts of your FCN practice as you care for others and care for yourself.
For 2021, we’ve enhanced the course by including information on Trauma-Informed Care for FCNs. Our course is 38.25 contact hours and includes a free mentoring session following the course to help you implement what you’ve learned.
Learn more and register:
Visit www.fcnntc.org for more information and registration. Class size is limited. Scholarships are available.
This course is jointly provided by Faith Community Nurse Network and the Spiritual Care Association Nursing Division. The Spiritual Care Association Nursing Division is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. ANCC Provider Unit # P0623. ANCC contact hours are accepted in all states. If you are an international participant consult your accrediting body.