Online Foundations of Faith Community Nursing Course
September 10 @ 8:30 am - September 25 @ 4:30 pm CDT$400.00
FCNN offers the Foundations of Faith Community Nursing course in a 36.5 contact hour format taught by professional nursing faculty who are both educators and experienced faith community nurses representing an array of faith traditions. The interactive, small-group format of our course allows students to share and learn from one another as well. While the course is essential for RNs who want to enter the specialized practice of faith community nursing, it also provides all RNs with skills needed to integrate spiritual care into their nursing practice. Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the course this fall will be held online over Zoom, with an additional 4 one-hour self-learning modules.
- Thursday, September 10 (8:30 am – 4:30 pm)
- Friday, September 11 (8:30 am – 4:30 pm)
- Saturday, September 12 (8:30 am – 12:30 pm)
- Thursday, September 24 (8:30 am – 4:30 pm)
- Friday, September 25 (8:30 am – 4:30 pm)
Since 2010, FCNN has prepared over 150 nurses to serve in faith communities across Minnesota and the United States. The course utilizes the Westberg Institute for Faith Community Nursing curriculum that emphasizes the spiritual dimension, professionalism, wholistic health and community as its central conceptual model for Faith Community Nursing.
Comments from past Foundations course students:
- “I just have to say, I have been so impressed with the teachers and staff… they are so energetic, engaged and passionate about their topics and FCN in general.”
- “I was amazed at what this course has meant to me. I never expected it to be a defining moment in my spiritual experience and life…but it was.”
- “Incredible. I have never heard nursing and faith put together so profoundly.”
For more information please contact Sondra Weinzierl, Lead Faculty, at 763-478-1027, or visit our website www.fcnntc.org/education/foundations-course.