ONLINE – Foundations in Faith Community Nursing
August 27 @ 8:00 am - December 14 @ 5:00 pm UTC-6
An event every year that begins at 8:00am on of August, repeating indefinitely
August 27, 2018 – December 14, 2018
Faith Community Nurses assist the members of their faith community to maintain and/or regain wholeness in body, mind, and spirit.
Explore the personal and professional dimensions of spirituality and the process of developing a parish nurse ministry within a community of faith. The curriculum follows the guidelines recommended by the Westberg Institute for Faith Community Nursing.
Upon completion, the participant will be able to:
• Apply knowledge and skills to implement a health ministry in a faith community.
• Integrate spirituality and theology into the health ministry/faith community nurse role.
• Enhance the health of a congregation and community.
• Expand the dimensions of a faith community nurse role.
• Explain the legal and ethical issues of Congregational Ministries of Health.
• Current, active RN license
• Nursing experience
Continuing Education Units (contact hours): 45
Undergraduate Program Assistant
Eastern Mennonite University at Lancaster