- This event has passed.
ONLINE – Foundations in Faith Community Nursing
August 30, 2020 - December 13, 2020$405.00
Faith Community Nurses assist the members of their faith community to maintain and/or regain wholeness in body, mind, and spirit.
Explore the personal and professional dimensions of spirituality and the process of developing a parish nurse ministry within a community of faith. The curriculum follows the guidelines recommended by the Westberg Institute for Faith Community Nursing.
Upon completion, the participant will be able to:
• Apply knowledge and skills to implement a health ministry in a faith community.
• Integrate spirituality and theology into the health ministry/faith community nurse role.
• Enhance the health of a congregation and community.
• Expand the dimensions of a faith community nurse role.
• Explain the legal and ethical issues of Congregational Ministries of Health.
• Current, active RN license
• Nursing experience