World Health Organizations
World Health Organization
The World Health Organization’s primary role is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations’ system. Their main areas of work include:
- Health systems,
- Promoting health through the life-course,
- Non-communicable diseases,
- Communicable diseases,
- Corporate services, and
- Preparedness, surveillance and response.
World Council of Churches
The World Council of Churches (WCC) is the broadest and most inclusive among the many organized expressions of the modern ecumenical movement, a movement whose goal is Christian unity.
As members of this fellowship, WCC member churches:
- are called to the goal of visible unity in one faith and one eucharistic fellowship;
- promote their common witness in work for mission and evangelism;
- engage in Christian service by serving human need, breaking down barriers between people, seeking justice and peace, and upholding the integrity of creation; and
- foster renewal in unity, worship, mission and service.
Global Health Council
Established in 1972, Global Health Council (GHC) is the leading membership organization supporting and connecting advocates, implementers and stakeholders around global health priorities worldwide. The organization is the collaborative voice of the global health community on global health issues; it convenes stakeholders around key global health priorities and actively engages key decision makers to influence health policy. Currently, Global Impact serves as the Secretariat for GHC.
The Global Health Council has a free weekly eNewsletter.
Sigma Theta Tau International
The Sigma Theta Tau International Foundation for Nursing supports the Honor Society of Nursing, Sigma Theta Tau International (STTI) through active fundraising and conscientious stewardship.
We protect the permanent fund assets that support STTI’s research grants program, leadership education grants, membership subsidies and emerging STTI programs. The permanent funds increase in value through a combination of donations and investment return.
Kaiser Family Foundation
The Kaiser Family Foundation serves as an online clearinghouse for the US role in global health.A leader in health policy analysis and health journalism, the Kaiser Family Foundation is dedicated to filling the need for trusted information on national health issues.